Google
 

Monday, December 11, 2006

Need for speed??

Better late than never ...
Speed thrills, but kills ...
Prevention is better than cure ...

Cliches... the above ones are... i agree - but they are very much true, all the same.

Lots of people love to speed on the road. Me too... the high you get while flying on a good car or bike, on a good road is unmatched.

Enjoying thrills is one thing. Being reckless is another. I have ceased being the latter, after a painful experience. The trauma of losing one of my best friends in an accident, and worse, the suffering of his parents, that i have witnessed, has driven home one point straight into my head.

There are many people - parents, siblings, best friends et al... who would miss having you as a part of their life, if you aren't around. They all love you very very much. The pain of losing you is something they would never want to experience.

So, one suggestion you can take from me - whenever you get reckless, just remember... if not for yourself, atleast for those people around you, for whom you mean a lot - be responsible!! They don't need to lose YOU, to learn a lesson!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... True. Will remember you the next time i am recklesso on the road i.e. will have to remember you all the time i ride! he he.. :-P

rafi said...

I learnt a lesson from these lines.. well, same thing had happened to me when i went to trip with my friends on bike that too on NH 13 Road during the night. My whole family members told me not to do so in my future(i.e. on bike). Now, i can realize that an individual is important to his surroundings... thanks Subhash