Google
 

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Lemon 'Leela' pickle

Name : Lemon Pickle

Complexity Level High

Duration of preparation 2 weeks+ 1 hour

Quantity : approx ¾ kg











Description:
The first thing that will strike you will probably be the name. I've dedicated it to my aunt, who taught me the basic form of this pickle. After preparing it for four times, to date, with constant experimentation, I have evolved it to its present form it is. So, it still is... my own recipe!! :-)

From a point of severe dislike of lemon pickles, I have reached this point, where I script my own lemon pickle recipe. Sincerely, its a measure of how good it is, and how sure I am of it... Please DO TRY it, and give me your feedback.

Ingredients:

Lemons

25 large

Salt (Crystalline – not table salt)

150 – 200 grams

Coriander

3 tsp

Jeera

2 tsp

Methi (mente)

2 tsp

Mustard

50 grams

Red chillies (deggi mirch)

100 – 125 grams

Pepper

3 tsp

Garlic

4 full

Asofodeita paste (hingu)

Little

Sugar

6 – 8 tsp

Sesame oil (ellenne)

For frying


Directions:
Boil a big vessel of water and take it aside. Drop all the lemons in the hot water for about 3-4 min just enough for the lemons to soften a bit, and take them out. Wash, wipe and cut the lemons into small pieces. Heat the crystalline salt lightly in open pan, and mix it with the lemons. Keep this aside for 1 week - 10 days in a closed bottle / container.

Masala: (to be prepared after 10 days). Heat coriander, jeera, methi, mustard, red chillies, pepper and asofodeita separately, and lightly. Powder all of them together.

Peel the garlic, and fry the flakes in sesame oil.

Add about 4-5 large spoons of sugar to 3 cups of water and boil it. After it is completely cooled, add it along with the masala, and fried garlic, to the lemons.

This recipe makes approximately 1½ kg of pickle. The pickle is best, after 10 days, and before 3 months of its preparation.

1 comment:

sowmya said...

hi just superb yaar. i didnt read that fish rava fry... but others are too good. i will try to prepare once in my life ok...
One thing i must say, "UR WIFE IS VERY LUCKY".... Really.