Google
 

Monday, January 29, 2007

Tring tring..."Hello...Who's there??.."

X

Hello ma’am.. this is Bharath Vilas calling from $$$$$$ airlines…Am I talking to Ms “She”??

She

Yes…that’s me…what is it?

X

Oh… good evening ma’am. I just called to let you know that your tickets are booked and your payment is due…

She

(???) Tickets?? What tickets??

X

Ma’am… the two return tickets you had booked from Bangalore to Mumbai on 1st Nov and return on 4th Nov…

She

(???) I never booked any such tickets…

X

But ma’am we have a booking in your name. You are… Ms “She” rite??

She

(intrigued) yes… that’s me

X

And your permanent address is &&&&& and your DOB DD-MM ??

She

(OMG!!!) Yes it is… (Sounding desperate) … but I did not book any of those tickets… When were this booked?

X

On 21st October ma’am

She

(Sounding at sea) … but… I didn’t… (silence)… how were the tickets booked?

X

They were booked against your Credit Card ma’am

She

Which credit card?

X (???)

ICICI (??)

She

But… that card is no more valid… I had cancelled it long back

X

(wow! That worked!! Wasn't prepared for that...lucky fluke!! :-))But ma’am… our details show that the card is still up and running. I have just confirmed the other details to you, regarding the card.

She

(Now sounding frightened) Please let me call my bank, and clarify. I’ll call you after that

X

Sure ma’am. But please do it at the earliest. If you don’t make a payment by tomorrow, we’d be forced to charge it on your card. And if you plan to cancel it at this point of time, you would still be forfeiting 80% of the ticket expenses ma’am.

She

(Terrified!!) No… let me call my bank first…

X

HA HA HA..

She

( Don’t know what that reaction was… sounded like a mix of anger, relief, confusion and irritation all at once) … Who’s this?? (Now… positively irked)

X

HA HA HA…

She

(Probably, fists clenched, teeth ground… and fiery eyes) Who’s this… I had a feeling it might be a prank… WHO IS THIS??

X

Ha Ha Ha… You know me very well… I’m your neighbour at your native place… sure you don’t have many of them, who talk as much?? (LOL)

She

Oh… its you “X”… (Huge sigh of relief)… Oh my God!! I was so scared.. how…?

X

He he he… so… you fell for it?? (She’d fallen hook, line and sinker… but still not in no mood to let her off the hook!!!)

She

OMG!! You really scared me… and you were so smooth and that tone of yours… OMG!! You can become a professional conman!! (Still breathing deeply, to regain composure!!)

X

He he… well… I don’t know if your are giving me a compliment or cursing me… but still… thanks for that!!

She

OMG!! Seriously… I knew my card was cancelled, and even then, I was forced to think that it had been misused, when you said this…

X

He he… Now… I’m sorry for scaring you… Just wanted to play this prank on you… By the way… you are victim number 11 for me. 8 out of the previous 10 people were challenged by me, that I’d call them, in some way like that, and fool them… And yet… they fell for it… You still were a person who wasn’t (fore)warned…

She

But even then… you were too good…

The conversation continued after that… like any other chat between friends, talking to each other after a blue moon…


X – Devil de dasi :-)

She – A hapless friend of mine… (Name withheld on request!! :-))

All of you… BEWARE!!... You… could be the next in the firing line!! :-)

2 comments:

Manas said...

I HATE U !

R!$H!KE$# said...

She -- The person who says "Hate You"

Btw..rightly said...
X - Devil.

After an Empty brain is a devils workshop..oops. I meant Idle brain... ;)