Google
 

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

dasi who??



I've had few people who haven't commented..." Hey... doesn't dasi mean "female servant?? What’s that got to do with your name??" And I’m damn sure, I’ve told the lore behind that name more than a hundred times over to different people...

I'll definitely put that up here pretty soon, hoping I’ll not have to repeat the same story, atleast as often as I do now!! :-) But then... let me answer the primary question first... dasi... who??

Felt, I couldn't do justice enough to myself, by trying to tell you more about me, in the profile column. Hence this separate post, right at the onset of my blog, to help you in that area!!

I'm from the small and beautiful university town of Manipal in South India. Have been born and brought up, and done all my schooling till my 12th std. there itself - first in Madhava Kripa English Primary School, and later in Manipal PU College. Went on to do my engineering from National Institute of Technology, Surathkal (I always feel, that the old name of my college - Karnataka Regional Engg. College - KREC - has greater appeal than the new name!!) And presently, I’m working as an engineer in the field of electronics, in the Silicon City of India - Bangalore (now, sadly, synonymous with overcrowded streets, bad infrastructure and petty politicians).

God seemingly was in a good mood when he made me... Has given me or rather, to be politically correct, has helped me identify in myself, quite a few skills and talents more than the average Joe :-) He made me good at volleyball - good enough to represent, and also lead the team, in my schools and colleges at every level and also in the local sports club and now in my company. He made me good at music - good enough to play the keyboard and tabla in the college band, and even win a few prizes in cultural fests, and now, head the company music band being the lead vocalist. He made me good (and more importantly, very passionate) at cooking - good enough to cook exotic foods like manchurians, fried rice and sweets, and also come up with my own recipes for Chicken gravy, Fish fry masala and Lemon pickle. And then... he gave me the gift (lot of people feel it is a curse - atleast for them :-P ) of talking LOTS - good enough to be a natural at extempore and JAM... all these while being the topper for most of my academic career - and intelligent enough to pass out as an engineer from a premier insti...

Not very humble, am I ?? :-P

Humility, I admit, has never been my strong point :-) But I can never thank God enough for more than compensating that in kind of person he's made me. That affability, good sense of humor, that attitude to always dream high, think big and constantly strive to improve, a genuine compassion for people and animals who are less fortunate and many other things like these, that he's helped me discover in myself, I feel, are the corner-stones of my character.

I end this post here, not really trusting that many people who started reading it, actually had the patience to read it all the way down till here :-) that too with all that apparent trumpeting up there!! But then, as they say "Actions speak louder than words" - I’d like to modify that to suit my situation that "the blog speaks louder than the brag" (I used that word only for the sake of rhyme) ... Time and this space of mine will tell you more...

PS: Why i am called dasi?? Read this

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Dasi,

Luckily i am the first one to read it and must admit you have been SINCERE enough. Atleast for the people who know you will not complain that you are Bluffing :-) Good job...ya you have started late but with a wonderful write up there i dont think it would be a matter of complain. looking up for THE ESSENCE OF DASI in this blog.. ALL THE BEST DEAR

Nissim said...

God seemingly was in a good mood when he made me...
BUT U R GOD!!

Anonymous said...

Well, that intro of yours was for the people who don't know you!!!

And people who know you would concur with "dasi-defined"!! :)

Anonymous said...

ha!
still to get what dasi has to do with ur name/character/quality/person/...;)

waiting for more.

madhava gauranga srinivasan

Anonymous said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!!! Finally finished the blog. I think it was sarita being loyal more than you being sincere. lol.

Good style of writing buddy, cant wait to read what you have to say about subjects OTHER than yourself :)

Lotsa luc,
Smitha urf (Choti)

Anonymous said...

Hi subhas,

I knew u are talented but never knew all this,....
so,.. not being humble does help,.
and nothing wrong in it,..!!!!

-Manju

venkatesh said...

very good dude :)